Membership fees can now be paid using PayPal (the cost reflects the fees charged by PayPal). See the link on the membership page!
Annual Membership fees are due now. You can either pay via PayPal using the link on the Membership page or by sending a check to:
Willamette Valley Miata Club
PO Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307
Whichever way you decide to make your payment please complete the Membership form and return it to us either electronically or via mail
Monthly Club Meeting
Join us at our Monthly Club Meeting, Tuesday, April 11th, 7:00 PM at the Paddington's Pizza, 5255 Commercial St SE, Salem, OR.
This meeting will be to discuss our plans Explore Oregon 2017 and plan some future events for the remainder of this year. Please RSVP
for this meeting so we can make the appropriate reservation.
Saturday Morning Coffee
Join us for coffee every Saturday morning at 9:00 for coffee and camaraderie at the Subway at
5765 Commercial St SE. We are trying to be more organized about taking a drive after coffee, so watch for
details about planned Saturday morning drives here!
Bible Creek Drive
Join us on Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 9:00 at Subway, 5765 Commercial St SE. Jerry Thalhamer will be leadin a run over Bible Creek with a planned lunch in
Lincoln City. Please RSVP so we can have a rough idea of how many folks will be going on this fun run.
Explore Oregon 2017
"The Premier Summer Miata Tour Event"
July 13-16, 2017
"EXPLORE OREGON" is an annual premier summer event, organized by the Willamette Valley Miata club. Be prepared to enjoy some of Oregon’s most beautiful
and historic scenery and explore the awesome back roads of the Northeast Oregon as we spend an incredible weekend in Pendleton, OR.
Pendleton - Our destination
Rich tradition. Fine craftsmanship. Legendary reputation. Pendleton was named the Top True Western Town of 2011 by True West magazine.
Museums celebrate the rich traditions of pioneers, cowboys and Native Americans. Find fine craftsmanship at the Pendleton Woolen Mills,
working saddle shops and Native American beading. Enjoy genuine thrills at The Underground Tours and world-famous Pendleton Round-Up Arena.
Bikers, cyclists and sportspeople love this location at the base of the Blue Mountains.
The Pendleton Underground Tour
This 90-minute tour transports you below ground and back through Pendleton's history of gambling, girls, and gold. The Underground Tours depict town life from more
than a century ago (when 32 saloons and 18 brothels were operating in full swing) to the 1953 closure of the Cozy Rooms, the best-known bordello in town.
The Underground Tour eventually resurfaces, climbing the "31 Steps to Heaven" to those Cozy Rooms where madam Stella Darby reigned. The secret gambling lairs,
opium dens, and bathhouses that lie directly below the pavement will give you a whole new perspective of the streets of Pendleton. Reservations are required.
The Pendleton Underground Tours office is located in Pendleton's Historic District, on the corner of SW 1st Street and Emigrant Avenue. The buildings that house
the tours are: the Empire Building, 1907, The Hendricks Building, 1897 and the Empire Meat Company, 1895.
All properties are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Pendleton Underground Tours' properties are in what was once the red light district of Pendleton.
The buildings on the tour have been maintained, true to the original state, allowing the visitor to see the sidewalks and basalt-rock tunnels the way they were constructed pre 1890's.
This special authenticity adds to their uniqueness, making the tours what they are today.
Whether you’re interested in visiting the McKay Reservoir and taking advantage of outdoor adventures or are shopping for treasures among local antiques,
Red Lion Hotel Pendleton is ideally situated in a convenient location. Families, couples, business travelers and special event guests alike enjoy
our spacious accommodations. Just minutes from Pendleton Airport, Red Lion Hotel Pendleton is near some of the area’s best shopping, dining and nightlife.
Each of our 170 guest rooms offers comfortable touches including plush pillow top beds, property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi, and private balconies.
We’re also a chosen destination among Pendleton hotels for business and social occasions offering over 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, catering services,
and A/V support. Make the most of your trip to Oregon by visiting popular attractions like Pendleton Underground Tours, Pendleton Woolen Mills,
and the Wildhorse Casino and Golf Course. After exploring the area, enjoy a meal at The Red Lion Restaurant and Lounge.
ALL HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN "JUNE 22, 2017" AFTER THIS DATE ROOM AVAILABILITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED!
Singe W/Breakfast $105
Double Queen W/Breakfast $105
RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE BY CALLING THE HOTEL DIRECT AT 541-276-6111. GUEST MUST IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS MEMBERS OF THE GROUP "EXPLORE OREGON 2017".
ALL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY JUNE 22ND, 2016.
Costs: $100.00 per person ($195/couple) - includes Thursday evening reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet; Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps, schedules and more!
If you would like a polo shirt instead of a t-shirt, add $10.00 per shirt.
Sign Up Now: Send registration check or money order to:
P.O. Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307.
Be sure to preregister on the WVMC website: RSVP FOR EVENTS HERE
(so we’ll know who is coming!). For more info, call 503-851-1549
REGISTRATION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE
FIRST 150 PAID REGISTRATIONS
AFTER THAT, A WAITING LIST WILL BE CREATED!
DUE TO THE DEPOSIT FOR THE DINNER WE CANNOT DO ANY REFUNDS AFTER JUNE 3, 2017.
Sign Up Now:
PAYMENT OPTIONS: CHECK OR MONEY ORDER SENT TO:
P.O. Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307
OR YOU CAN PAY ONLINE USING THE PAYPAL LINK BELOW!
NOTE: CANADIAN RESIDENTS MUST USE PAYPAL
Thursday, July 13, 5-9 PM - Event Check-in and Welcome BBQ
Friday, July 14 - Various activities are being planned for the daytime hours with everyone on their own for dinner in Pendleton.
Saturday, July 15 - Various activities are being planned for the daytime hours with a dinner banquet at the Red Lion. Cocktail hour from 6-7 and
Dinner will be served at 7. There will plenty of fun and prizes to be claimed.
Sunday, July 16 - We are still in the planning stages of what we would like to do on Sunday and still get everyone that needs to get one the road on it.
More information will be posted on our website www.oregonmx5.com and emailed to all those registered.
* Chris and Karen McCarty - WVMC
* AJ and Vickie McGranaghan - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Ray and Jenny Wiebe - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Bruce and Pat Ellis - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Kent and Susan Hocevar - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Karen Burkhart - Club Miata NW
* Bob and Sally Thomas - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Gary and Yvonne Mulcaster - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Rolly Grimm and Sharon Andres - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* David (Ivy) Ivancich - Club Miata NW
Al and Bev Rich - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Mark and Debby Hamlin - WVMC
* Don and Lisa Asperger - SOCALM
* Maury Fugitt and Sandy McKnight - PSMC, CMNW, WVMC
* Jerry and Judy Thalhamer - WVMC
* Jim and Carolyn Mair - WVMC
* Peter and Jeanette Nunnenkamp - WVMC
* Ron Brunsell - SOCALM
* Len McFarlane - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Chris and Joanie Squire - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Chris and Rena Sandstrom - Mt. Hood Miata Club
* Bruce Stevenson and Donna Bliss - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Ro Burnham - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Garry and Debbie Hartley - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Patrick McNulty - Club Miata NW
* Dee Dahlke and Duncan Johnson - Puget Sound and Club Miata NW
* Jerry and Doreen McPeek - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Susan and Joe Graham - WVMC
* Tye and Kelli Fountain - WVMC
* Mark and Dannie Brandt
* Connie Mott and Ellie Martin - WVMC
* Gary and Carol Holm - WVMC
* Jim Conner - Club Miata Northwest
* Trevor and Gaye Baxter - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Ann Walker - WVMC
* Lynn McKenna and Linda Beatty - Redwood Coast Miata Club
* Suzanne Hahn - Club Miata Northwest
* Michele Autore - Club Miata Northwest
* Bram and Marijke Oudshoorn - Club Miata Vancouver Island
Andy and Marilyn McDonald - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Fred Bernier - Les Bois Miata Club
* Dean and Marian Benedict - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Al and Claire Harkins
* Laura Thalhamer and Christine Tucker - WVMC
* Ted and Alice Friesen - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Robert and Jean Reed - Les Bois Miata Club